We are excited that you are interested in pursuing your future academic and athletic careers at Georgia Gwinnett College. Please utilize the following links to guide you through the application process
► First, apply to Georgia Gwinnett College. GGC accepts applications all year round and the process is simple. Find out more information and apply!
*You will be required to create a new username and login for the website www.gacollege411.org
Included in this website is the necessary paperwork to submit if you are a HOPE eligible student/athlete.
► Register with the NAIA Eligibility Center- FAQ's for Students and Parents
► Attend a Bear Essentials Orientation
Incoming student-athletes are required to attend orientation sessions provided through GGC. Sign up here.
► Register for classes
You will register for class during orientation but your Athletic Academic counselor will review your schedule and discuss with you any changes that needed to be made. They can help you drop/add courses once you have made your selections at orientation.
► Complete the Immunization Form. Each student must show proof of two doses of the MMR vaccine and Varicella vaccine or proof of immunity.
Forms must be on file with the College before a student can register for classes.
► Additional Forms for International Students
In addition to the above, International Students must also complete the following:
- Proof of English Proficiency: Official TOEFL minimum score of 537 PBT, 203 CBT, or 74 IBT. In lieu of TOEFL, students may submit SAT verbal 480, ACT English 21 or IELTS 6. Native English speakers and transfer students with US college-level English coursework are exempt from the English Proficiency requirement. GGC TOEFL school code is 7559.
- Educational Background, Transcripts from all high school and/or college(s) attended: If coursework was from outside the United States, transcripts should be evaluated from an N.A.C.E.S. member organization. (Different companies have different processing times, so call ahead to find out if they will be able to send the documents by July 2nd.) We have determined now that the evaluation company can simply email the evaluation to GGC to determine admission.
- Affidavit of Support, Proof of financial resources: Official bank statement or bank letter on bank letterhead signed and stamped by bank official showing a minimum balance of 26,000 US dollars. If you are receiving any scholarships, you may include your scholarship award toward your proof of financial resources. Financial documents must be written in English with US dollar amount. If a student has a sponsor, a signed Affidavit of Financial Support (attached) is required. All documents must be original and mailed to the Office of Internationalization.
- Certificate of Immunization (Required before a student can register for classes)
- Scholarship Tax, International students may be responsible to pay a tax on their scholarship each semester. This tax cannot be paid by athletic scholarship; the student-athlete would be responsible for this cost.