► Expectations of Student-Athletes
Each student-athlete plays an integral role in the academic pursuit of a degree from Georgia Gwinnett College. Student-athletes must take advantage of the services provided through GAAC and the College. Student-athletes are expected to:
- Attend ALL classes,
- Communicate with professors on a regular basis (especially during travel seasons),
- Complete ALL assignments in a timely manner, and
- Uphold standards of academic integrity by complying with all academic policies.
► Student-Athlete Manual
Utilize the current edition of the Student-Athlete Manual for important information.
► Student-Athlete's Role in Advising and Registration
Academic advising requires a partnership between the student-athlete and the athletic academic advisor to ensure the best decisions are made for the benefit of the student-athlete.
Student-athletes are required to meet with their athletic academic advisor each semester during the advising period. Student-athletes are also required to meet with their GGC Mentor.
► Academic Advising Meetings and Registration
- Schedule an appointment with your athletic academic counselor.
- Consider courses to take:
* Refer to the Undergraduate Catalog for information regarding your major's requirements and the four-year plan. Make a list of courses for your major that you may want to or need to take.
* Go to MY GGC. Click on the Student Tab. Utilize Degree works to investigate course offerings and to see what requirements you still need fulfill.
- Make an appointment to meet with your GGC mentor.
- Clear ALL holds before priority registration.
- Once you have met with your GGC mentor and your athletic academic advisor and attained both of their signatures, you may now register for courses. Access student banner and register for classes using the drop/add portal.
► Drop/Add/Withdrawal Process
Student-athletes must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 hours each semester to participate in competition. Therefore, all changes to a student-athlete's course schedule must be coordinated and approved through by Athletic Academic Advisor.